Friday, February 9, 2007

Snow In Britain, Sunshine in Cyprus, Freezing in New York

Weather in London 1C
Colder in Edinburgh -1C
Even Colder in Dublin 0C
Not so bad in Paris 4C but did they have snow
and weather in New York -7 it makes me shiver to think about it
but in Cyprus, Ercan 13C

Reads like a football match doesn't it!

I had an email yesterday from my niece in the UK telling me she couldn't go to school because of the snow. Her words "thats the only thing good about cold weather" lol.

It did make me laugh, she always does.

After living in Cyprus for some years, when the temp goes below 16C I start moaning it's getting cold! If it got to 1C I would probably have to hibernate (truthfully)!

Really must have acclimatized to weather in the med and guess I have nothing to moan about. Whilst the snow was falling in the UK, yesterday was a warmish day here in Cyprus 14C by lunch time.

This morning whilst sitting having a cuppa I thought I'd check the temps of places in the UK and also few other countries.

I did this quite easily by going to www.uk-cyprus.com
because each page in the site has live weather forcasts for different countries and cities.

As you can see from the title, we are lucky to be here aren't we?

In saying that we do get snow in Cyprus, but only for a day or so and really only on the mountains. Not a lot just enough for people to collect and make minature snowmen on the bonnets of their cars.

Whats it like in the UK, is it still snowing? Just thought I'd mention uk-cyprus has news on the airports and roads too may be worth checking out before you travel.

No comments: