Friday, December 22, 2006

North Cyprus December and the 1st Rain

December Rain Came Last Night
The first December rain came last night and looks as though we may have more today, still at least we are guaranteed not to get the freezing fog that the UK are getting at present.

Now its time to start to keeping the weeds down as Cyprus turns very Green and Beautiful with the first of the yellow flowers of Oxalis appearing.

Now the problem of what to do with the weeds, if I make a large compost heap, in early spring as the weather starts to warm up again I risk two problems. The first and always a worry for Cyprus is fire, the second a real worry for me snakes!! For this reason, early spring I like to keep the garden as tidy as poss and if I do have an area that is overgrown I will be very careful when I attack and clear it.

Over the last couple of years I have seen several snakes in the garden so I know this concern is real.

Still wondering what the weather will do Christmas day, to my mind it always seems a little grey around this time of the year and then in January the sun comes back, with the dreaded Feb not far behind, but springs only 8 - 12 weeks away, Were so Lucky.

No comments: